Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001 - A Reflection

I was a junior in High School. My dad was supposed to fly that day. I was in English class when I learned about the attacks. I remember running to call my mom, worried about my dad. His flight was cancelled. Thank God. She pulled me and my sister out of school, in fear of more attacks. We spent all day watching the news and asking why. I remember seeing ordinary people step up and help teach others, myself included what courage and sacrifice truly means. I discovered true pride in my country that day. Although evil tried to tear this great nation apart, the opposite happened. We became united and become one voice declaring strength in love.

September 11, 2001 is a day I, like most Americans, will never forget. I didn't lose anyone personally that day, but it felt like I did. My heart went and continues to go out to all those that lost lost ones that day and the days that have followed. As our country continues to move forward, we can look back and see just how far we've come. Ten years may be a long time in some standards, but that day still remains strongly kept in memory. I no longer mourn the devastation that shook the nation. A friend of mine shared a hymn from his church that I think else has the power to say that which needs to be said. The hymn is called "Come, Come Ye Saints".
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? 'Tis not so; all is right. Why should we think to earn a great reward If we now shun the fight? Gird up your loins; fresh courage take. Our God will never us forsake; And soon we'll have this tale to tell — All is well! All is well!
I have created a video that I would like to share with the song in its entirety. I know that there is a God. I know that he watches over our nation like a father watching over his son. In the days sense 9/11, He has blessed beyond our understanding. He did not forsake us then, and He will not forsake us now. As the sun rises, remember "All is well! All is well!" May God bless you, and continue to bless the United States of America.


Amazon Contextual Product Ads