Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Norway

By now almost everyone has heard about the tragedy in Oslo. I followed the initial story, like most of you, in terror and grief. Astonished beyond words of the fact that someone could be so far off that they target children. I immediately took to Facebook and expressed my deepest sympathies and prayers for the Norwegians. I did, however, make one crucial mistake. Perhaps calling it an error of judgement on my part. I expressed distaste, obviously, and made mention of my belief of there being a special place in hell for someone who goes after children in such a way as he did. Many of friends, of which are by far better scripture masters than I, immediately jumped in and supported scripture references in support of my belief. Of course I felt even more justified and admittedly satisfied with knowing where this man is going. But, you see (as I'm sure you do noble reader, you are indeed very clever after all!), therein lies my problem. I look at this man with judgmental eyes. I do not see him as our Savior sees him.
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged." Matthew 7:1 NASB
I do not know all the facts. Perhaps he is incapable of understanding right from wrong? As far fetched as it seems, only One knows the truth behind it all, and that is our Father in Heaven. When we think of Norway and disgust that seaps from every pour let us remember that our Savior bled from every pour and said unto us,
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:25 NASB
Let us come together and pray for a man who is obviously off the path, instead of hate, let us love. For that is what the Lord would have done. I pray for the people of Norway, especially those effected by this tragedy most, including the one behind the gun. I hope you can too.

Amazon Contextual Product Ads