Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Obama on Illegal Immigration: Stay and Succeed

An illegal immigrant, who also happens to be a student, addressed Obama and asked: “My question for the president is, why [is the government] saying that deportations have stopped or the detention of many students like me, why is it that we are still receiving deportation letters like this one?” Now lets think about this real quick. When in our history has a CRIMINAL been allowed to address the President of the United States on why lady justice is upon them. This is a joke, and a bad one at that. Real change needs to happen America, and it needs to happen now.




Im aware that this is my third post on this particular subject, but it took me some time to find and cut the video. Also, its a subject I am passionate about. As a student, I am paying for most of my college career in loans. Loans that will one day have to be repaid, if not, my credit will be destroyed and my life will never have the potential that it could. I look at this issue and it dawns on me that this student doesn't have a social security number. So how is she, and all other illegal immigrants, paying for school? The only answer I could come up with, is the Government. Thats why I am so passionate about this particular issue. Because it has a direct effect on me.

Amazon Contextual Product Ads