Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Post, Third Time

They say that the third time's a charm, or something like that. Maybe this will prove them right. But most likely this will be forgotten/unused here shortly. Does that influence my motivation to try though? No. Does that make me crazy? Doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results. It depends on who you ask. Hillary Clinton. Well its time to prove them wrong.

I have been a conservative as long as I can remember. But the older I get, the more I start to see that being a conservative is like being a minority in the early 20th century. All you have to do is turn on the news and you'll how conservatives are attacked and threatened, while the liberals scream foul if they try to defend themselves. What is this world coming to? Shouldn't we all have a voice? Isn't political debate and having supporters on both end of the spectrum healthy for the advancement of democracy? I don't know whats happening anymore, but I don't want to be another person who says thats a damn shame, and yet do nothing about it. So, beyond writing to my elected officials, beyond speaking up when my values are being trampled upon, beyond posting news on facebook, perhaps this may do some good, even if its not read by anyone but myself. We shall see.

Amazon Contextual Product Ads